January 5, 2018

My Aladdin Collection - Rose Moonstone Queen Model B (1937-1938)

Introducing the 6th vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model B Queens: ROSE MOONSTONE (B-98)

The Queens were produced between 1937 and 1938. The Queen is one of two Model B lamp styles that feature an ornate metal pedastal with a glass moonstone font, the other being the Majestic which came a few years prior.

Queen Lamp Details
Model - B
Year Produced - 1937-1938
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-on

Queen Lamp Styles
B-95 White Moonstone w/ bronze base
B-96 White Moonstone w/ silver base
B-97 Green Moonstone
B-98 Rose Moonstone

My New Lamp
I was really excited to find this lamp. I have not seen very many of these so far in my search, so I was happy to actually find the color I was looking for! It is quite different from the others in my collection. The finish on the base is quite worn, which is to be expected on a lamp this old, right?! But, I actually kind of like the worn look. I think it really adds some character. I was a little surprised with how heavy this lamp is. That pedestal is definitely solid! The pink font is such a pretty shade of pink. Since I was able to find this lamp in pink moonstone, I will be looking for the green moonstone version of the Majestic. Fingers crossed!

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment