January 18, 2018

My Aladdin Collection: Model 11 Nickel Table Lamp (1922-1928)

Introducing the 8th vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model 11s: Nickel Table Lamp (1100)

The Model 11 lamps were produced between 1922 and 1928. I haven't found any details to narrow down when the lamp I got was made. The Model 11 Table Lamp font, as well as the burner, are very similar and nearly identical to the Model 9 and Model 10 (the font is also very similar to Models 1-6). If you remember what my Model 12 looks like, you will notice the lamp design was changed to a more square font instead of the smooth round look of Models 1-6 and 9-11.

Nickel Table Lamp Details
Model - 11
Years Produced - 1922-1928
Font/Burner - Center Draft
Chimney - Heel-less

My New Lamp
My "new" Model 11 joins my Model 7 and Model 12 as my third Center Draft lamp. These lamps continue to intrigue me. I mean, how in the world did someone think to put a tube through the entire lamp and figure out that air would travel through small holes in the bottom all the way to the top? So crazy!

As I opened this lamp to inspect and clean it (it was very dusty!), I noticed that the wick raiser was not properly seated on the wick and while the raiser was moving up and down, the wick was not moving. So, I dismantled all of the parts, and figured out how to get them properly connected! It works pretty good, but I think the wick raiser arms must be a little bent because after a turn or two, they seem to come off of the wick a little bit. I'm not too worried about it, though, since I'm not planning to actually use the lamp. It still looks great, and if I hadn't mentioned it, I'm sure no one would notice.

While inspecting the parts, I made note of the flame spreader, or "generator" in this case (same thing). The flame spreader on my lamp says "Model 11 GENERATOR". This means that it is an original flame spreader. The name was changed to a "generator" in 1928 when the Model 11 ceased production and the 12 was introduced. Replacement flame spreaders made for Model 11 after 1928 say "FLAME SPREADER No. 11". 

This lamp is super light. It is also now the smallest lamp in my collection. I really like shape of this lamp and how shiny it is. It is in great condition and is a great addition to my growing collection.

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment