August 11, 2024

My Aladdin Lamp Collection: Model 16A Australian Bakelite Family Lamp (1932-1938)

  Introducing the 29th vintage lamp in my collection...


Model 16A "Super Aladdin" Brown Australian Bakelite Family Lamp (1630)

There are several lamps that were produced and sold in countries outside of the US, specifically Australia and the UK.

Bakelite Family Table Lamp Details
Model - 16A Super Aladdin
Years Produced - 1932-1938
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-On

Model 16A Bakelite Lamp Styles
1609 - Brown Personal
1630 - Brown Family
1653 - Blue or Pink Table

My New Lamp
I picked this lamp up at the 51st Aladdin Gathering in Peoria, IL. On the first day of the show, I stopped by Tom Sauro's tables before the show opened to find out what lamp he might have for me this time. We walked down his tables and this one caught my eye. I've kept an eye out for one, but they are hard to come by because they were not sold in the US. He had it marked for a good price, and I was sold.

Click here to check out my entire photo album for this lamp.








No comments:

Post a Comment