February 1, 2018

My Aladdin Collection: Rose Gold Orientale Model B (1935-1936)

Introducing the 11th vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model B Orientales: Rose Gold (B-132)

The Orientales were produced between 1935 and 1936. It is one of only a couple all-metal Model B lamps (most are glass). They have a unique hexagon base. The font is also said to be able to twist off (I don't think I want to try it).

Rose Gold Orientale Lamp Details
Model - B
Years Produced - 1935-1936
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-on

Orientale Lamp Styles
B-130 - Ivory
B-131 - Green
B-132 - Rose Gold
B-133 - Silver
B-134 - Bronze

My New Lamp
This style of lamp was not very high on my "want list." I hadn't seen any lamps of this style since I have begun my collection. Then this lamp showed up, and the more I looked at it, the prettier and more unique it looked. I was specifically looking for the Rose Gold color because I think it is the prettiest and it is also worth the most. I will be honest, I do not actually know if this lamp is in fact Rose Gold, or the Bronze. The listing on eBay said it was Bronze, but I think it looks more lilke Rose Gold because it is brighter in color and the pictures of the Bronze seem to be a bit darker. I know it isn't the silver, but I'm not quite sure if an expert would say this is Rose Gold or not. 

One thing that I didn't pay close enough attention to apparently in the photos, was that the gallery on the burner is incorrect. This is a Model B lamp, which the burner is. However, the gallery is NOT a Model B. Not only does it look much newer than the burner basket, it also does not have the raised air holes. This appears to be a 23 (or possibly a 21C). So, for my pictures, I just swapped a gallery from one of my other lamps. I will need to get the correct gallery so that I have a complete matching lamp. 

This lamp was probably the dirtiest one I've gotten so far. The outside was pretty dusty, and the outer wick tube and flame spreader were black and sticky. I didn't get it completely cleaned up, but at least it's not sticky any more. This lamp also had a surprise on the bottom. The number "332" was hand written in black. I wonder what that was for. Not knowing the history of all of my lamps is kind of sad. I wonder who their first owner was, where they lived, how many people have enjoyed the warm mantle glow, etc. They have all been around for decades and a couple even 100 years! Oh, if they could talk, the stories they could tell!

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment