May 10, 2018

My Aladdin Collection: Model 23 Limited Edition Eddie Bauer American Classic (1982)

Introducing the 21st vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model 23 American Classic
Eddie Bauer Limited Edition w/ Canadian Geese (EB)

The American Classic lamp was produced from 1980 to 1990. The original American Classic features a flower decal on the same white font. There were 2 variations: a 3-flower daisy and wheat, and a 4-flower daisy and wheat. A special edition was created in 1982 specifically for Eddie Bauer stores only, that features a Canadian geese decal.

Lamp Details
Model - 23
Year Produced - 1982
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-on

Model 23 American Classic Lamp Styles
C-6104 - American Classic w/ flowers
EB - American Classic w/ Canadian geese, Eddie Bauer

My New Lamp
Normally, I would probably pass on a lamp like this since I already have a couple different Model 23s. However, what appealed to me about this particular lamp, is the fact that it is a limited edition...that just so happened to only be made in the year that I was born. I just thought that it would be pretty cool to have a piece of Aladdin history that I can actually pinpoint to the specific year that I was born :) (I know...NERD ALERT!)

The bottom of the lamp is engraved with "Aladdin" (similar to my Genie II) and still features an original sticker (similar to my Genie). I read that stickers were placed on lamps during this period because the number of Aladdin dealers was very few and far between.

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment