February 14, 2018

My Aladdin Collection: Model 23 Clear Genie (1977-1988)

Introducing the 15th vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing Model 23: Clear Genie (#C-6100)

The Genie or "Colonial" lamp (yes that name was also used for the Model A table lamps) was produced between 1977 and 1988. This lamp was one of a kind and did not come in any other colors or styles. This lamp is considered a shelf lamp because it is short and consists of a font only, with no pedestal or foot. It is the first of 3 to be named "Genie", the others being the Genie II and the Genie III. Each are clear shelf lamps, but are completely different shapes and designs. One unique feature of this lamp is the fact that it does not have a fuel cap. The only way to put fuel in the font is to remove the burner. There are a few other Aladdins that are like this, but not too many. 

Genie Lamp Details
Model - 23
Year Produced - 1977-1988
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-on

My New Lamp
The Genie joins my Genie III and now I only need the Genie II. I have my eye on one, so stay tuned! This is only my second shelf lamp (the other being my Genie III). This lamp is just so tiny and cute! The square pattern of the glass is very attracitve and quite different from any other Aladdin style. 

I got a pretty good deal on this lamp, so I was pretty excited. I had seen a few others for sale, but the glass always looked dirty or the burner looked like it was in terrible shape or were incomplete. These lamps are not very old, (considering the age of many others being upwards of 100 years), so it is kind of surpriing to see so many in such bad shape. Another thing that piqued my interest was that the lamp burner was paired with...get this...a Model B gallery! Normally, I would pass, but it just so happened that I had a lonely Model 23 gallery from another mismatched burner/gallery combo from another lamp. I also just so happened to need a Model B gallery for said lamp with the wrong gallery. It seemed like the perfect solution! Well, my 23 gallery is perfect for my new Genie, however, the rather tarnished Model B gallery turned out to be nickel and will not work on my gold/brass lamp. So...I am still in need of a new gallery and have an extra nickel one. Oh well. I'm just happy to have completed my Genie lamp. 

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment