February 5, 2013

Seinfeld Reference #34 & 35

Feb. 5, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #34

This morning at work, there was a mouse in the closet. Upon retelling another co-worker about how the mouse came out of the closet. Shelley said "it was in the closet and came out." Being "in the closet" and "coming out of the closet", are phrases used about being gay, so it made me think about when Jerry and George used the phrase, "not that there's anything wrong with that."

View the clip here

Feb. 5, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #35

Today on Twitter, Colton Dixon posted: "So, I'm not a morning person (for sure) Not a night owl (I become a zombie) Call me a mid day person :-)" This reminded me about when Elaine was being seduced by crazy Joe Davola. He was trying to get her to come into his dark room. She was reluctant after finding a ton of pictures that he had secretly taken of her. He asked her if she wanted to see his dark room and her response was, in a sing-song voice, "I'm a day person".

Strange and weird coincidence: I wasn't going to add this to my reference list, but I overheard Diane in the weekly marketing meeting, say "put the kibosh" on it (or something referring to "kibosh". I knew this was a Seinfeld reference, but I didn't remember that that was the same episode as this until I watched this clip! Whoa!

View the clip here

No comments:

Post a Comment