January 30, 2013

Seinfeld References #29 & 30

Jan. 30, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #29

Who knew meetings about software could bring up so many Seinfeld references. Well, today, here's another one. We had a conference call with one of the developers. His name is Rohit Gupta. I have heard his name many times, but have never met or seen him. As he began talking, it was clear that my suspicions were correct that he did in fact have a very thick accent. His accent made him sound exactly like Babu Bhatt, who was Pakistani. Babu opened a restaurant across the street from Jerry. No one visited and Jerry tried to give him ideas for how to get customers. In a later episode, Babu is deported when he doesn't get his immigration renewal forms (they had been misdelievered to Jerry who was on vacation). He also reappears in the series finale as he is put on the stand as a character witness against Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer.

Here is just one clip of Babu (keep in mind, although the accent is similar, Rohit was not near as perky as Babu).

Jan. 30, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #30

At lunch, Jeannie had brought in a chocolate cake that she had made. It had chocolate chips on top. I was having a hard time keeping the chips on my fork..they kept rolling off. So I decided to stab them with my fork. Jess laughed at me and said she had never seen anyone stab their chocolate chips one at a time like that. She guessed it was like eating peas one at a time. Of course this is a reference to when Jerry broke up with a woman because she ate her peas one at a time.

Jerry explaining to George why he broke up with her:

"Well, you know, we were having dinner the other night, and she's got this strangest habit. She eats her peas one at a time. You've never seen anything like it. It takes her an hour to finish them. I mean, we've had dinner other times. I've seen her eat Corn Niblets...but she scooped them."

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip with the above quote...all I could find was Jerry at dinner with the woman, while she's eating her peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment