December 31, 2017

My Aladdin Collection - Model 7 Brass Table Lamp (1917-1919)

Introducing the 3rd vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing Model 7: SATIN BRASS (701)

The next lamp added to my collection is the stunning Model 7. The Model 7 dates back to between 1917 and 1919. That's 100 (or almost) years ago! Pretty awesome!

Fun Fact: The Model 7 is the first model that all parts are true Aladdin! Previous models used tooling that was designed for other lamps. The lamp font and burner were all original Aladdin designs.

Lamp Details
Model - 7
Year Produced - 1917-1919
Font/Burner - Center Draft
Chimney - Heel-less

Model 7 Lamp Styles
Satin Brass Table Lamp

My New Lamp
This lamp is beautiful, but unfortunately, I'm guessing that the finish has been re-plated. They say it is rare to find a lamp with the original finish, which is understandable given their age. The Model 7 and Model 8 lamps look very similar and are very easy to distinguish from Models 1-6 and 9-12. Their fonts are larger and much more ornate. I'm glad to have found a nice looking one to add to my collection.

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment