December 30, 2017

My Aladdin Collection - Ruby Beehive Model B (1938)

Introducing the very 1st vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model B Beehives: RUBY BEEHIVE (B-83)

One of the very first Aladdin lamp styles that caught my eye several years ago was the Beehive. The Beehive style is a Model B that was produced between 1937-1938. The Beehives are named as such because of the horizontal lines on the font. It is a very unique pattern, as many lamps have lines that are vertical.

Beehive Lamp Details
Model - B
Year Produced - 1938
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-on

Beehive Lamp Styles
B-80 Clear Crystal
B-81 Green Crystal
B-82 Amber Crystal [dark "bottle brown" and light "olive-green"]
B-83 Ruby Crystal
B-84 White Moonstone

My New Lamp
I don't know what it is about this style, but I just think it is so cool and so beautiful. This style really got me interested in the older lamp styles and I knew that one day I would love to have one for myself.

I wasn't specifically looking for this lamp to be the first of my collection, but there she was! Absolutely stunning and in GREAT condition! Aside from the VERY rare and elusive white moonstone, the ruby is the most sought after by collectors. I was ecstatic to win the bid on this gorgeous lamp. It also came with a white N5501 shade, but I really just wanted the lamp. The shade is a true Aladdin, but it is a reproduction and not an original. It was very fitting that the first lamp style I fell in love with turned out to be the first in my collection. The hardest thing now is that I still want all the other colors as well! Maybe some day, when I get one from every style, I will start on duplicates.

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment