December 31, 2017

My Aladdin Collection - Yellow Vertique Model B (1938)

Introducing the 5th vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model B Vertiques: YELLOW MOONSTONE (B-88)

The Vertiques were produced in 1938 - the same time as the Beehives (as well as some others). They only came in 4 colors, but one color is especially unique. The yellow Vertique contains Uranium oxide. Because of this, the yellow lamp will glow when you put it under a blacklight!

The Vertiques are known for their thin vertical lines on their font. They have a similar connector (connecting the font to the foot) that is found on the Corinthians and the Diamond Quilts.

Vertique Lamp Details
Model - B
Year Produced - 1938
Font/Burner - Side Draft
Chimney - Lox-on

Vertique Lamp Styles
B-87 Rose Moonstone
B-88 Yellow Moonstone
B-92 Green Moonstone
B-93 White Moonstone

My New Lamp
Now THIS lamp was a very exciting find! I was so happy to find this lamp font in great condition. I'm not normally a huge fan of the color yellow, but I love this lamp...and for a yellow, it's actually quite pretty! In different lights it turns from a pale yellow into a rather dark shade of yellow. Unfortunately, it did not come with a burner, so I had to find and buy one separately to make the lamp "complete". Now, I just need to get a chimney, but I'm not too worried about that since I most likely won't be able to display the lamp with the chimney on anyway.

I could not wait to get this lamp and try out the blacklight. When it arrived, I wasted no time in taking the lamp and my blacklight flashlight to the closet (the darkest "room" I could find). The results were even better than I had hoped for! Pictures of what it might look like pale in comparison to seeing the real thing. The photos I took actually came out pretty cool.

So, without further ado, below are the "normal" pictures of the Yellow Vertique, followed by the totally groovy -and not enhanced or modified in any way - glowing blacklight pictures. Enjoy!

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment