March 18, 2018

Aladdin Lamp Sighting in Westworld

I've got another Aladdin lamp sighting on TV to report! This one comes from the HBO show Westworld. I wasn't able to get very good pictures of the lamp because it was in the background. I'm 99% sure it's an Aladdin just based on the color and shape of the lamp and the shade, as well as the visibly large brass burner.




Now, which lamp is it? The first lamp that came to mind was the Alacite Tall Lincoln Drape. However, this also looks like an Alacite Simplicity from a distance. If I could get a better look at the font, it would be so easy to tell based on the following details:

  • Font: draping = TLD; smooth = Simplicity
  • Base: 12 sided = TLD; round - Simplicity
Both have a very narrow stem, so from this distance it is virtually impossible to tell one way or the other. Unfortunately, zooming in just blurs the lamp, so I can't get a good enough look. But, if I had to guess, I would go with the Tall Lincoln Drape because there appears to be a faint shadow that could be the draping on the font, and the filigree on the stem looks a bit high to be the Simplicity. Either way, although we don't know what year is being portrayed in the "park" world, it's very safe to say that it is prior to 1940 and 1948 - the years that the TLD and Simplicity were introduced, respectively. And quite possibly even before Aladdins were invented in 1909, if what is being portrayed is from the 1800s.

Here are the options:
from aladdincollector.com
My Alacite Simplicity

Here is the #601 shade that I believe was used:
from Lehmans.com


















Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment