March 22, 2018

My Aladdin Collection: Model 23A Genie II (1990-2005)

Introducing the 18th vintage lamp in my collection...

Representing the Model 23A Genie IIs: Clear Genie II (C6106)

The Genie II was produced for many years - from 1990 up until 2005. I think it is safe to say that the Genie II was the most colorful model, by far. Including the clear, this style came in a whopping 13 colors (7 total options with brass burners and 7 total options with nickel burners - clear was available in both). Check out this catalog from 2001 that I am lucky to still have in my product information files from my customer service days. Aren't they so pretty?!


With the addition of this Genie II, I now have a complete Genie trifecta! The Genie (1977-1988), the Genie II (1990-2005), and the Genie III (1999-present).

Left to Right: Genie, Genie II, Genie III
I had to do some real digging to narrow down the production dates for this style. My normal resource book Aladdin: The Magic Name in Lamps mentions this style and states that they were introduced in 1990. However, there was no mention of an end date. I remember selling these lamps early in my career, but I couldn't remember exactly when we stopped. I went back to my old catalogs, but found real confirmation from our computer system. I was able to see a product note that thankfully transferred over from the old system that stated that the lamps were being discontinued by the vendor (Aladdin) and the date was 2005! 

The Genie II is unique, but similar to the Genie, in that there is no fill hole. This means, in order to refill the lamp with fuel, you have to unscrew the burner and use burner collar opening. Not many lamps were made this way, for obvious reasons.

Genie II Lamp Details:
Model: 23/23A
Year Produced: 1990-2005
Font/Burner: Side Draft
Chimney: Lox-on/Heel-less 

Genie II Lamp Styles:
C6102 - Cobalt Blue w/ nickel
C6103 - Black w/ nickel
C6104 - Brown Translucent w/ nickel
C6105 - Ruby w/ brass
C6106 - Clear w/ brass
C6106N - Clear w/ nickel
C6112 - Light Blue Satin w/ nickel
C6113 - Emerald w/ brass
C6114 - Amber w/ brass
C6115 - Cranberry w/ brass
C6116 - Satin White w/ nickel
C6117 - Teal w/ brass
C6118 - Champagne Satin w/ brass
C6119 - Violet Satin (Amethyst) w/ nickel

My New Lamp
This lamp's glass pattern is so unique. It looks like seashells. It is more pronounced on some of the different colors, and it kind of depends how the light is hitting it. 

Click here to check out my complete photo album for this lamp.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment