December 18, 2013

Seinfeld References #118-120

December 18, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #118
This is a carry-over from yesterday's "Morry" incident. The nickname has really caught on at the office. Yesterday, we had the "Bizarro World" reference. I got to thinking more about it and I guess you could say that Morry Shawolker is my alter-ego. That made me think about when Elaine was called "Susie" by a co-worker and she didn't correct her. Then when "Elaine" did something to make the co-worker, Peggy mad, she couldn't say her name was, so she had to be both Susie and Elaine, and then Susie started getting assignments at work, and she ended up saying that she committed suicide. Well, what if I just started giving some of my workload to Morry! Ha!




Since this nickname has caught on, I posted something on Facebook and said "I always wanted a cool nickname". I was hoping to bait one of my fellow Seinfeld lovers into playing along. Sure enough, Uncle Jim took the bait:


This is a reference to when George wanted the nickname T-Bone. Someone in the office ended up getting the name, and the boss suggested Coco for George instead.




December 18, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #119
Diane was making soup for lunch and as she passed by my desk, she said "I don't have any crackers" and I said "then it's not a meal". Referencing when Bania made Jerry buy him a fancy dinner. He ordered soup and said he'd save the meal for another time. When Jerry complained he said soup wasn't a meal. When he explained this to Elaine, she asked if he crumbled any crackers in it, because that could be considered a meal.




December 18, 2013: Seinfeld Reference #120
Diane was talking about her brother's dog and how he's kind of a wuss, and I said he wouldn't be a very good dog to put in a dog fight unless you want him to "take a dive"...referencing when Kramer had a rooster he called "Little Jerry Seinfeld" that he entered in cock fights. At one point the guy running the fights told him that he needed Little Jerry to take a dive.


No comments:

Post a Comment