June 8, 2014

It's the Little Things...

Anyone who knows me, knows that for the past 2 years or so at work, things have been....let's just say crazy and overwhelming at times. I've been pretty involved with the implementation of new software, that is affecting just about every area of business: direct sales, online sales, retail, etc. My job as Trainer, has required me to learn procedures for just about every job. And not only learn it, but create procedure documents and training materials. I have to know everything well enough so that I can train everyone else. There have been a lot of deadlines that have needed to be met for getting everything prepared. And that includes printing, collating and hole-punching hundreds of upon hundreds of documents to pass out to the employees.

It's been hard to get everything done, and lots of overtime hours have been put in. Things have been stressful, but thankfully after the big pushes to get things done, there has been some relief before the next round. I tried not to let the stress and frustration show, but some who know me well, knew I was under a lot of pressure during a timeframe of a couple weeks where we were conducting training with selected "Super Users". It was during this time, that I received some little unexpected pick-me-ups that were so thoughtful. These were given to me a couple months ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it.


The first one, was from my co-worker, and cubicle buddy, Shonda. She decorated my desk with some sticky notes of encouragement.

Then, after conducting some training upstairs, I returned to my desk to find that my mom had stopped in and she left me a flower and some yummy Reese's peanut butter eggs! Aw!


Then, finally, one last little thoughtful act, was left on the dry erase board in the Training Room by my good friend, Sharon.


Each one of these things were so thoughtful, and so unexpected. Just some of the MANY reasons why I LOVE MY JOB! No matter how stressful things can be at times, the "thank you"s and appreciation I receive from my co-workers always makes all the hard work worth while.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment