July 27, 2026

My Aladdin Lamp Collection: Model 10 Table Lamp (1921-1922)

  Introducing the 36th vintage lamp in my collection...



Representing the Model 10s: 
Table Lamp (1000)

The Model 10 lamps were only produced for a very short period of time, from May 1921 to August 1922. For this reason, there are not very many of them out there. There is not a lot of difference between the Model 9s, 10s, and 11s.

Table Lamp Details
Model - 10
Years Produced - 1921-1922
Font/Burner - Center Draft
Chimney - Heel-less

Model 10 Styles
1000 – Nickel Table Lamp
1001 – Nickel Table Lamp with 501 Satin White Dome Shade
1003 – Nickel Wall (Bracket) Lamp
1004 – Nickel Wall (Bracket) Lamp with Wall Bracket
1005 – Nickel Wall (Bracket) Lamp with Wall Bracket and 501 Satin White Dome Shade
1014 – Nickel Hanging Lamp with Harp and Smoke (Heat) Bell
1015 – Nickel Hanging Lamp with Harp, Smoke (Heat) Bell, and Ceiling Extension Fixture
1016 – Nickel Hanging Lamp with Harp, Smoke (Heat) Bell, and 516 Satin White Shade
1017 – Nickel Hanging Lamp with Harp, Smoke (Heat) Bell, Ceiling Extension Fixture, and 516 Satin White Shade

My New Lamp
I have been looking for this lamp for quite a while. It is just one of two models I don't have represented yet. I was super excited to come across it on a table for sale at the 53rd Aladdin Gathering in Peoria, IL. Upon talking with the lady selling it, she said her dad was a collector. She let me know that several people have told her that the font is an 11 and not a 10, and wanted to make sure that was OK with me. I was a little disappointed, but I know that the 9, 10, and 11 fonts are all very similar. I don't know enough about them to know what to look for to distinguish them. I decided that the burner was the most important part to me, as that is what would be needed for research and troubleshooting purposes. I checked to make sure the burner was complete, and it was. When it came to price, the first time I went by the table, she had one price on it. She wasn't there on my first pass by the table, so I went back when she was there and noticed a new sticker was placed on it for $25 more, putting it at the highest book value price. I was still willing to pay that because I just have not come across any complete burners or lamps, so I didn't want to pass it up. As we talked, she asked me how much I wanted to pay for it. I mentioned the book prices, and she asked if I would be ok with what the lowest book price was. This was $100 less than what she had it priced at, so I was definitely ok with that. She said it wasn't about the money for her and she likes her lamps to go to people who care. 

Click here to check out my entire photo album for this lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment